Fall in Washington, DC

Tuesday, August 22, 2023

Fall in Washington DC _ Adrienne Nguyen_White House

It felt great to be back in DC! The only other time I've ever been was during my middle school trip! I recall wandering through some of the Smithsonian Museums, touring the White House, visiting Mount Vernon, watching a reenactment of the Revolutionary War, and more! Unfortunately, since this was a business trip, I did not have a lot of leisure time to revisit these sites or explore other historical aspects of this wonderful nation. Want to see what I got up to and what I was able to visit? Click "Continue Reading" to watch my vlog and see my pictures!


Washington Monument in Washington DC_Adrienne Nguyen_DC Blogger

I'd like to preface this by stating that I packed very poorly for this trip. It was beyond humid and of course, the coolest item I brought was a sweater vest and tweed skirt. I still managed to walk up and down the National Mall without huffing and puffing.

Washington Monument in Washington DC_Adrienne Nguyen_DC Travel Blogger_Fashion Blogger

My hotel wasn't too far from the National Mall so I spent one of my last days exploring during my free time. The Washington Monument was one of the highlights! 

Washington Monument in Washington DC_Adrienne Nguyen_DC Travel Blogger_Fashion Blogger
Lincoln Memorial in washington DC_Adrienne nguyen_DC Travel Blogger_Fashion Blogger

I wanted to pack in as many landmarks as I could into one afternoon so I opted for taking a selfie with the Lincoln Memorial from a distance as opposed to climbing up the steps.

Adrienne Nguyen_Washington Monument in washington DC_DC Blogger
Red Cross in Washington DC
National Portrait Gallery and Smithsonian American Art Museum_Adrienne Nguyen_Washington DC

I had pretty bad luck with museums since most were closed after I was done with my meetings. However, I somehow managed to go into the National Portrait Gallery and Smithsonian American Art Museum one late afternoon. It turns out that the place was open after hours for those attending the conference anyways!

National Portrait Gallery and Smithsonian American Art Museum_Adrienne Nguyen_Washington DC
Washington DC_Adrienne Nguyen
Washington DC_Adrienne Nguyen Old Money Quiet Luxury Outfit
The White House_Adrienne Nguyen in Washington DC

What trip to Washington DC is complete without visiting the White House!? 

The White House_Adrienne Nguyen in Washington DC
The White House_Adrienne Nguyen in Washington DC

The White House was just a few blocks from my hotel so I visited it numerous times. 

The White House and Washington Monument_Adrienne Nguyen in Washington DC
The White House_Adrienne Nguyen in Washington DC

// Marc Jacobs Snapshot (exact) // Vivaia Knee High Boots (exact) // Saint Laurent Medium Envelope (exact) //

XO,
Adrienne

You Might Also Like

3 Comments

  1. I'm really excited for fall weather too. The past week is been pretty cool for August in Michigan but it's supposed to heat up again by the end of the week... so I'm enjoying it while it lasts! I actually got to wear long pants to work today! :)

    Julia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're so lucky, Julia! There's a slight breeze here in Southern California but it's really humid so it leaves me feeling sticky, ick!

      Yay, long pants :D I cannot for Fall!

      XO

      Delete